I’ve always been amused very easily
Those who know me in “real life” are nodding right now
My parents would always shake their heads and say “Its the little things”
And with the new house those little things are stacking up in awesome numbers
Before i reveal afore mentioned little things though
You have to promise you won’t laugh
Or roll your eyes that i turn the washing machine on and off multiple times in an hour to hear it “sing” to me
Crap, i just told you #1!
- Our LG washer and dryers sing little songs when you turn them on and when they are finished, just imagine the sound of the icecream truck meets a merry go round, and that is the magical tune that is played for me and only me (i refuse to believe other peoples units do the same)
Sing me a little tune!
- Our sinks have little food catchers that we call baskets of joy, how can you not love them? We are thisclose to naming them, yes they we are lucky enough to have twins (or 2 sinks, same diff)
- Peanut butter jars as big as your head! I know bloggers are supposed to love all natural almond butter but Canadas Light Kraft Peanut Butter is da bomb – i regularly attack this jar with a spoon and a smile
I had on ZERO makeup here (nothing really new here on the blog lately) but i'm still playing peanut butter peekaboo
- A $14 glass stand from ikea with $5 worth of fruit on it, i’ve taken about 50 photos of this since we bought it, what can i say, box stores and citrus brings out the geek in me!
Soooooo fancy except for the runt apple
- Finding my tea bags after 1 week, 4 hours and 3 minutes of looking – best cuppa tea EVER!
i refused to buy more since there is enough tea here to last me until i'm 80
- Having a fridge full of healthy, be-gone-tummy-you-gained-on-vacation-eating-solely-takeout snacks
- Loving photography again, after pretty much relying on my iPhone for a week for photos and taking some crappy ass pictures of todays Kale Chips with my DSLR i pulled a few veggies from the fridge, found a cute plate charger and remembered why i love photographing my food so much!
Speaking of Kale Chips… Here is your totally awkward yet fabulous transition to todays recipe
Spicy BBQ Kale Chips
1 bunch of kale torn into chip size pieces
2 tsps of chipotle hot sauce
1 cup of water
1 cup of pitted dates
1 cup of sun dried tomatoes
2 Tbsps of extra virgin olive oil
3 Tbsps of tamari or soya sauce
2 Tbsps of apple cider vinegar
1 tsp of paprika
2 tsps of cumin
1 tsp of garlic powder
Dash of cayenne
1. Blend all ingredients in high speed blender, add water as necessary to get a thick, yet moveable paste
2. Pour on top of large bowl full of kale and massage till each “chip” is coated
3. Spread on dehydrator till crispy (approx 5 hours) – mine is still crisping, i just snagged a few for photos
Last but not least, i was nominated by the lovely Kristen over at Not So Domesticated to take part in the blogger fun that is 7 Links!
To unite bloggers (from all sectors) in a joint endeavor to share lessons learned and create a bank of old, but not forgotten, blog posts that deserve to see the light of day again.
1. Blogger is nominated to participate.
2. Blogger publishes his/her 7 links–1 link for each category.
3. Blogger nominates 5 more bloggers to participate.
I would say my most beautiful would be How I met Dave, its more cute then anything but that guy makes me feel beautiful every single second of every day!
That would be my Twitter Trauma” href=”http://lifeofahappyblonde.com/2011/05/06/twitter-trauma/”>Twitter Trauma Post, because the lovely Heather at Kiss My Broccoli made one of my Chocolate Blueberry Breakfast Cookies and linked back to me which then got put up on Tumblr and i still get crazy hits to this day from it – thanks again Heather xox
I’m really not a controversial kinda gal but i was nervous putting up the Look at me, I’m a Pear post, it talked about body shape and image but it also had a really helful link to how to dress to your body type which it has taken me 32 years to finally figure out that aline skirts rock my legs and skinny jeans really are not my friend
My Superfood to the rescue post, it really introduced a lot of my friends and family to accessible foods that are amazing for you and can be found in our local bulk foods store
Post whos success surprised you
The Replacements, a post that showed the food i used to eat and what i now consume!
Post that did not get the attention it deserved
Really any attention that any of my posts get cause me to clap my hand in glee (remember the seal clap?)
I appreciate all comments and readers and i’m so proud that i’ve managed to move my blog and rename it and still stay connected with my previous readers and my make new blog friends along the way! So even if a post doesn’t get crazy stats or lots of comments i’m still proud of it and i know i had a blast writing it
Post you are most proud of
Rolls be gone, a post where i acknowledged i had gained some weight and the smart way i was going to lose the weight and not resort to my ED habits again and my inability to ever set foot on a set of scales again and how i came to peace with them
Now I get to do the nominating!!!
Katie from Real Food Katies Way
Hilary from Hungry Healthy Hilary
Helen from Helen Naturally
Hannah from Culture Connoisseur
Steph from Lunges and Lunch
If you have already been nominated girls (which you probably all have), my bad – i’ve been a little mia
Seeya tomorrow for WIAW xox